Welcome to Around the Land Downunder

Hi,

Welcome to my website - I look foward to being able to post some pictures and stories of adventures from the big cities and small towns of Europe...for the next few months anyhow. Then back to Australia and a postcard from home.


Alex

Friday, July 31, 2009

Mt Ventoux


As I came down from Montelimar I could see her baron moonscape away in the distance. Approaching Bedoin I was ever aware of the great peak that dominated all around it....I could sense the Ventoux new what was arriving tommorrow - and the great mountain was preparing to defend her slopes with all her at her disposal.....I set up camp with 50000 others at the foot of of the beast - its mythical slopes would bring darkness early tonight. I slept uneasily..........

No comments:

Post a Comment