Welcome to Around the Land Downunder

Hi,

Welcome to my website - I look foward to being able to post some pictures and stories of adventures from the big cities and small towns of Europe...for the next few months anyhow. Then back to Australia and a postcard from home.


Alex

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's that Mr Kandinsky?

With a few from the class we took ourselves along to the Kandinsky exebition. It was a chance to explore my appreciation and understanding of abstract art....I discovered I have neither.

Now Kandinsky was a switched on cat. Born in Russia in the 1860's - he is credited with painting the first modern abstract works.
The display was in the Pompidou Centre - itself an abstract piece of art. What I could decipher from the works was that Kandinsky was exploring the relationship between colours and the three basic geometrical shapes (square, triangle and circle).
This was a relationship I later pondered amongst the leafy surrounds of the Jardin Luxemburg......




No comments:

Post a Comment