Welcome to Around the Land Downunder

Hi,

Welcome to my website - I look foward to being able to post some pictures and stories of adventures from the big cities and small towns of Europe...for the next few months anyhow. Then back to Australia and a postcard from home.


Alex

Saturday, August 1, 2009

My French Life


In my apartment today I came across a book - My French Life - to my surprise it was the story of an Australian, Vicki Archer and her love for all things French. The book details the realising of a dream as Vicki and her family buy and restore a seventeenth century farm house near Saint-Remy-de-Provence in South West France. Superbly illustrated by Paris based Australian artist Carla Coulson (see my blog list), it was a great find.

The book does a fantastic job of articulating what is so alluring about this country, its people and culture. Another liitle victory!

Speaking of my apartment - for those intersted here is a little snap of home for the next month - 33 Rue du Four, Paris, 75006. Well loacted on the second floor of a 18th century building in the heart of St Germain des Pres. It is a 35 sqm studio aprartment. It took me a while to work out what the low rumblings that I could hear every 5 minutes were - then I realised it was the sound of the metro underneath the building carry commuters along Metro line 4 to St michel...!

This morning I am off to Monmatre hill the see the view and lazily stroll back through the Parisien markets.

A bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment